Monday 6 December 2010

Life choices

Most of us tries to live a regular life and stick to the scheme. We create relationships or even families with children. Each one of us has a couple of people around who are more or less important for us. We spend time with them, tell them our secrets, but sometimes also argue. The truth is that we do not realise how much we care until we lose somebody.


A couple of days ago I watched the movie called "The Next Three Days". The polish title of the movie fits even more to the topic I want to discuss with you: "Dla niej wszystko". The movie is about "a married couple" whose "life is turned upside down when the wife is accused of a murder" (via IMDb). They are a happy family - John (Russell Crowe), a college teacher, his wife Lara (Elizabeth Banks) and their son Luke (Toby Green, Tyler Green, Ty Simpkins). They live a normal life until Lara "is accused of a murder" (via IMDb). In one moment everything changes by 180 degrees. John has to take care of his son and manage his job. His parents are some kind of help for him, but it is getting worse anyway. He loses any appeal in court and from day to day, from month to month he is also losing hope to rescue his wife from jail. The only way for him is to drop everything and save what he love. From this moment a regular college teacher starts to create a perfect plan to get his wife out of jail and bring his family together, again.



How far would you go and "what if you had 72 hours to save everything you live for" (via IMDb)?

9 comments:

  1. I will do everything to save my family. Sometimes our life can change in one moment. And then we have to take our life in our hands. If i have only 72 hours to get out my wife from a jail I will prepare perfect plan of our escape and please my friends for a help. If you love somebody and someone took this person I am sure that everyone make the same. It is mean that will be forces to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artur good luck with bailing someone from a jail :)

    What would I do? I don't have perfect plan, none has. I can't say I would do this or that. It's just theoretical thinking and words means nothing. It's easy to say something, harder to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion the most important thing is whether a person is guilty or not. If not I wouldn't stop until I convince the court of innocence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really hard to answer becouse you never know what would you do in critical situation until you really face it in your life.
    I know it from my own experience - last year my life turned upside down but my reaction to it was really suprising - even for myself. That's why I never wonder about what would I do in various situations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I see, I'm not the only one to say that there are no way to know how one will behave in such situation. It's just wishful thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a optimist person so I don't like to imagine such situations. I suppose that it is very difficult to be calm and think about a "prefect plan", people usually behave very spontaneously in such situations - that's why the best thing we could do than is looking for support among friends (it there are any:)) . riends (it there are any:)) .

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is not easy to answer this question. Everything depends on a given situation or problem. However, I can draw some general conclusions from my behavior in different situations that happened before. I really would do my best to help the closest ones because my life does not mean much withouth those people. I cannot say if I would do 'everything', it would really depend on the danger to which they would be exposed. I just know I would put all my effort and means available to make them safe again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tricky question, but I don't think enybody will be facing such chalange in normal conutry. But let's beckin time 25 years (or move 400 km to Bielarus), to communist era in Poland. Situations, like disapering people, mass arrest were in common. I belive I'll do everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's hard question for me because I don't have family yet. But for me this it depends from situations in which we are and how much we are desperate. In my opinion if we love someone - we should do as much as possible to rescue but we have to remember this is only movie and will be hard put this scenario to our live.

    ReplyDelete