Tuesday 17 May 2011

Part I- Mazuria lake district- Mragowo

Hello Everyone,

How many times did you wonder how to spend your holiday? We can save money for months to go abroad. We forgot how beautiful country Poland is.

This week and next two I will show you place where I used to go for weekend.




Part I- Mazuria lake district- Mragowo


We associate Mazury as a land of lakes, green lungs. To reach to Mragowo from Warsaw we need about 4 hours unless we stuck in the traffic jam. During this trip we can admire forests, smaller and bigger lakes.




http://puls-drzewa.pl/files/2011/04/Warmia-i-Mazury.gif





Entering Mrągowo can deceive us an illusion of simply city-blocks, schools, shops. This town has two faces as well. One-strictly tourist and the second one prosaic life.
On Jaszczurcza Góra street we can find a lot of hotels: Mrongovia Mercure, Solar, Panorama, Mazuria with amazing lake view and everywhere silence.


http://www.zgapa.pl/zgapedia/data_pictures/_uploads_wiki/m/Mragowo_Jezioro.jpg





Around lake are many bicycle paths. Depending on condition we can chose shorter about 11 km or the longer for 44 km to Mikołajki and back. Ways are varied and the view from hills is breathtaking.

Link to the bike paths in Mragowo :
http://www.it.mragowo.pl/trasy-trasy-rowerowe,8,77,pl.html




At evening when the sun is shining yet we can go to Mrongoville situated about 2km from the center. The project is implemented to European fund and the main assumption was to create Wester City. Actually we can find country town with saloon, debs, Sherriff Precinct. For all willing to make funny photos we can use bull riding or Tipi tent for example. Kids and the older have fun on horse farm, feeding the goats begging for grass or see real wolves howling who spread through countryside.

Movie about Mrongoville:



For brave “Line Park” on the exit. Well prepared but I did not dare to try :)


http://www.gfx.slonecznapolska.pl/201011162031481696862.jpg





After long day we walk along lake to avenue with restaurant. “Magnes” pub is worth to visit-tasty, fast and nice. From window overlooking fountain.

http://www.pensjonat-hubertus.pl/z/s/mragowo_deptak_1.jpg



In Mragowo we can meet many Germans-they visit Masurien especially to see old Nazi bunkers in Ketrzyn (Wilczy Szaniec). When the weather is not conductive to bike it`s worth to see this place. Ketrzyn is about 25 km from Mragowo. Need to spend there about 2-3 hours to see all building with guide tour. You can find out about the circumstances of the assassination of Hitler, history of hidden village, chemical experiments carried out there.





One more alternative for rainy days is Hotel Gołebiewski. Spending 30 PLN we have a fantastic day in swimming pools like on Tropicana Island. Sauna as and slides happy everyone.
Mazury lakedistrict are this part of Poland where everyone can find something good. Doeasn`t matter how old are we. Older can rest woth peaceful, the youth can party at night clubs. Lakes are paradise for sailors.

Planning this trip your are not forced to spend a lot of money and keep priceless memories forever.

Dear All,

1) Share with us places worth to see on Masurien?
2) Among atractions above in Mrągowo area what do you think most intresting?
3) How do you spend your leasure time? Do you prefer: entertaining way of life or maybe communing with nature?

13 comments:

  1. I have been many times in Masuria. My favourite place is Mikolajki. I always go to the Golebiewski Hotel near Talty lake. For me it is the most interesting place to rest in our country. There is many place when you can find diffrent atractions. I like most this place because of the hotel. Just hotel gives you so many atractions that you don't have to leave hotel. You find in it swimmingpool, disco, bowling, shops, spa, etc. You can also swim by ship on the lake. If you like horses there is also a stud. There is realy so many ways to rest that you can't even imagine. I don't know other place of Masuria but i can only suspect that are really beautiful as Mikolajki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrągowo is located about 15 km from Mikolajki Maybe next time yo`llu visit this place after reading my blog. There isn`t so many attractions such as the Hotel Golebiewski offer but can admire the beauty of the Mazury without crowd...

    I was in Hotel Golebiewski in Wisła and indeed there are many attractions in the area. However, I think it is better to stay at cheaper hotel and enjoy all these attractions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been many times in places like Pisz or Piszewo. What I was doing there was mainly canoeing or sailing during the day, and afternoon/evening visiting the city in which I was actually. Once we have rented boat and each day we were visting different locations. Nights were spent at the boat in dock we have arrived to. It was really great time and I have met a lot of interesting people.
    I have been also in Wilczy Szaniec at least two times - its really nice, and worth seeing. Unfortunately there are a lot of mosquito during summer but the bunkers make big impression.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Masuria has never been popular in my family. We have been always going stight to the sea, to Krynica Morska or to our mountain, Zakopane or Karpacz. Once I was on canoeing trip with my friends and we started from Augustów which I can see on the map.
    I have heard a lot about this place, moreover Masuria was fighting for some price in many contests for the best tourist region, wasn't it?
    I hope someday I will go rest also on Masuria :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm rather fond of spending the holidays at the seaside or in the mountains... Windsurfing especially at the Hel peninsula is fun ;)

    Despite that I've been to Mragowo and Masuria in general... But living on the boat or swimmin in the lake is not the most exciting thing I can think of. I'm not saying it's not beautiful ;) but it's just a matter of our preference, right?

    The most interesting thing of it all are the hitler's bunkers. That's just a pure touch with the history. I'd like to see myself that huge concrete block!

    ReplyDelete
  6. On mazury I like sailing. I was year ago on such a trip. We sailed from south to north of mazury and back. Started at Ruciane Nida, go to most north city, Węgorzewo and go back to Ruciane. I think that is the best way to spend time on mazury.
    By the way, you must see Mamry lake. It is so clean that you can see the bottom of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just like Michał Kakol I prefer the seaside or mountains above the land of thousand lakes - I don't really like sailing and mosquiotoes like me a lot.

    I've been to Wilkasy last year, it's calm town placed at Niegocin lake. In my opinion Masuria is a good spot for people who like sailing. It's a rather short trip from Warsaw which is another benefit.

    During my holidays I prefer communing with the nature. Grab a tent and go hiking, that sort of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also prefer seaside rather than lakes. And when it comes to lakes I prefer Kashubia. During the summer season there are so many tourists in Masuria, I rather prefer silence.

    From what you have presented I really like the idea of Mragoville. I like the Western feel and I wonder how does it look like in a Polish style. Do they have root beer there?

    I like spending my leisure time in a variety of ways, both actively and passively with a good balance between the two. I like visiting new places and getting acquainted with new cultures, trying local food and drinks, sightseeing (but not for too long, it often gets boring quite quickly).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Last summer when I was spending holiday on Mazuria I saw the Cormorants Island. It is located on the lake Debski and it is a nature reserve. It is the most famous island in this lake. This island has inhabitants as the name suggests - Great Cormorants and Grey Herons. View of this island made a big impression on me. The Great Cormorants live in trees which are eventually killed by the droppings. During the holidays of course most exciting was living on the boat and swimming in the very clean lake. I prefer spend my leasure time communing with nature.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was at Mazuria in several times! I really like that place to relax and camping, but not for lake's yatching. Fot that is for me too little space ;)

    I was at Mrągowo, Swan Lake (really!), Pieczarki and some citys. Mazuria has a really nice views and beautiful lakes and forests. I remember that I was at Pieczarki so many times, because there was a camp for kids from PKiN (Pałac Kultury i Nauki, Pałac Młodzieżowy). There was so many activates! Cycling, walking, yachting, canoeing and something. I really liked it, but I've got older and saddly wasn't so long there.

    About queston no 3: At my vacations I really like to trip aroun Poland or to go to others lands and associate with other cultures and people. But I like to have entertaining way of life with new people which I meet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post. Summer is coming, so it is a good time to think about holiday. This year I will visit Mazuria as always. We have small house nearby Elk, so I can admire Mazuria's views several times a year.
    I have been in Mragowo, but I like Gizycko the most. You can see there Boyen fortress, rotary bridge on Gizycki channel and a port of course.
    I have also been in Wilczy Szaniec. It was really interesting trip with absorbing history lesson (and my dog was in seventh heaven running around bunkers).
    I haven't seen Mrongoville yet. Maybe this year I will visit it (looks very inetersting).
    How I spend ma free time? I prefer to commune with nature. It is very relaxing after fast and stressful life in Warsaw :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also like to spend time in Mazuria. My father often rents there a house, for a week or two, every year. Always in a different part of Mazuria and we can really rest there. Once when I was in Mazuria (this time in Morąg) I got to see a football match of local teams, Huragan Morąg vs. Mrągovia Mrągowo - I found it funny then that the names were so similar.

    But as Piotr Dorywalski said I also like to sail. For the past two years I've been going on sailing trips with my friends at the beginning of May. I think it will become our little tradition, even though this year it was really cold. Seems we have taken too little rum:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Masuria is the place I know well. Every summer I spend a lot of time there and I think it has many attractions to offer. Personally I sail a lot, so to me the greatest asset is the proximity of the lakes. When you go to Masuria you’re surrounded by the beautiful views. I think one of the major attractions of this area is famous hotel ‘Gołębiewski’ which offers many different options for leisure. Beyond all the natural qualities of this beautiful area this is one of the more interesting things which attracts tourists from around the world. It you gives the opportunity to combine relaxation on the numerous pools and spa with soaking up the beautiful surroundings. I’m rather quiet type of person, so I prefer communing with nature. Masuria gives me that opportunity, that’s way every year I’m back there.

    ReplyDelete