Saturday 15 January 2011

Best movies of 2010 - part II

I previously talked about drama/thriller movies. Although this type of movies are my favorites I also like to watch sometimes just something funny. To my collection of movies watched back in 2010 joined some time ago a movie called "The Back-up Plan". The movie, being a romantic comedy, tells us the story of a woman who wishes to have a baby.



When Zeo (Jennifer Lopez) becomes aware that she is running out of time and that she hasn't found the right guy so far, she decides to go for the back-up. She asked her friend Clive (Eric Christian Olsen) to be the father of her child. Clive is a little skeptical at the beginning but ultimately he did not refuse his friend. The process would of course be handled through artificial insemination.

Plan B

The biggest surprise for Zoe turns out to be not only the information about her pregnancy, but also the fact that she „meets the man of her dreams on the very same day” (IMDb). Zoe shares her little secret with Stan (Alex O'Loughlin) only after some time when he already fell in love with her.

What would you do if you were in Stan's postition? Would you feel cheated and would you end this relationship? What by the way do you think about artificial insemination?

7 comments:

  1. In comedy category, I would add "Red" as probably the best spy-action-comedy in couple of years. This scene doesn't stop to amuse me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYBM8VsxHEg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know what I would do in his place. I think I would feel cheated and I think I finished this relationship. But what then of the child? I do not know what I would do. I do not want to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @s3874: "Red" is already on my list, but I had no opportunity to watch the movie, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also strongly recommend Red. Cast is full of my favorite actors. I had a really good time on it. My rating is 8/10.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From your movie's description we don't know whole situation with Stan and this is hard to say what I will do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that everyone would feel cheated, but it's a romantic comedy so it probably ended well anyway...
    Artificial insemination? It's a good thing, esp for lonely women, it's nice that we have this "back-up plan" if we want to become a mother and don't find a perfect guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I were Stan, I would not end this relationship. He had no right to feel cheated as becoming pregnant happened before Zoe realized she loves him. Before that, she only wanted to have a child and did not expect meeting the love of her life soon. I am not against artificial insemination when it is really the only option available. The woman has the right to bear a child if she feels such a natural need. And, if she feels she would cope with bringing up the child by herself, she can decide on artificial insemination.

    ReplyDelete