Monday 17 January 2011

TopModel


A new TV show called Top Model finished a few weeks ago. 13 girls participated in this program. They struggled for the grand prize - contract with Max Factor, a photo shoot for the cover of "Glamour" and an international contract with modeling agency.

In jury of Top Model we saw a model- Joanna Krupa, a photographer - Marcin Tyszka, a fashion designer - David Wolinski, a journalist Piotrowska Karolina Korwin and a special guest.

Every week they decided which girl must leave the show. Basis for their decision were the photo sessions. Each girl did everything to stay in program as long as possible but everything depended on how they posed for pictures. The Girl who was the worst had to leave the show.










http://m.onet.pl/_m/4554396028cae37547bfd2bb69c82745,14,1.jpg

What about candidates? Have you seen those girls? They were young, probably it was their first contact with modeling but there were exceptions. Do you think they were rather beautiful or rather ugly?

What can you say about the finalists? We know that Paulina Papierska won. But do you agree with this opinion? As we know Papierska even doesn't know English so it will be rather a big problem to start working abroad as a model. I found in the internet that Paulina doesn't fit to the new role. She is poor, she is not as good as jury thought.

Below I give you a links to American version of TopModel and Polish one. You can compare.

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/americas-next-top-model

http://modelki.plejada.pl/

I would like to know your opinion about the girls in this program. Do you think that really the best girl won? Maybe you think that another girl should win? Write your opinion and we will discuss it.

12 comments:

  1. I have never watched it so I can't really have my opinion on that topic. I even don't know how they look like. I can just imagine that, they are to skinny :) But I can say that is TV show, so those girls may be different in real live in compare what you sow in TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also never watched this program. But I read about it on the internet and a lot of people wrote that the program won a bad girl. I mean bad, because they think there were many girls who were prettier. This is not my opinion. I saw a girl who won only the picture. She was pretty, but I know a lot of girls who are prettier. Besides, I read that she does not speak English. In my opinion Top Model should know this language. In her profession it is necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Szara myszka" should not have won. I have watched almost every part of this show because of my girlfriend.

    Here you have ANTY fanpage on the facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paulina-Papierska-nie-powinna-byla-zostac-I-polska-Top-Model/163184500389663

    Fans of this page, for sure agree with me.

    She has not body like model should have. She doesn't know english at all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I know is that it is a popular show and that is is present in a couple of countries. I never watched it, but I think it is impossible to choose the prettiest girl, because everyone has a different definition of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched a few episodes of this show. Beauty types of most of canditates weren't really in my taste. There is one big problem about winner girl which makes a real carrier in modeling imposible for her.
    When I was younger - about 13-14 I was an amateur model myself. Nothing spectacular(I quited it becouse of lack of time) but still enough to know one important thing - 99% of shorter girls have no chances to be top model becouse designers prepare their clothes only for very tall people.
    I think that we all know that this programme was only for a show about pretty girls, not serching future professionals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My opinion match in 100% with Sebastian's. I never watched it and not going to. Whole idea of this show not convince me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one from the most stupid American TV Shows. I never watched it. One question from me: Why in polish TV we have more and more American shows ? Can't we think something new one?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thing that this program has made a really good job, it has shown how really this modelling world looks like. It is full of envy and lie. Women are valued just for the look. I like what American finalist does - she organise meetings and actions which aim is to show that working as a model is not that cool as it seems to be - it's just for strong characters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never watched this program, I respect the fact that people may be interested in such TV shows but for me it is certainly not one of those programs which make me switch on my TV. It is a program in which young girls compete for the title of the most beautiful and photogenic. They were not nice to each other, one could often see them crying and competing in a bad way. It teaches young girls that values such as friendship and loyalty are not important, it is more important to rival and be egoistic. In order to answer your question whether I think that the best girl won, I had to check in my browser how the girls looked like. I don't think that the girl who won is very beautiful. It doesn't matter much anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. From the first episode when the winner came to program I was commenting with my girlfriend that she will win this program. People love such people who are talking all the time how unhappy they were and how show like this helps them. I think that there were girls much more better prepared to win this show and make a carrier. Not like a person which is not so pretty and can't answer simple question in English.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Personally average models I like are too skinny. The prettiest of them it was Krupa:) Mi Pamela liked but were eliminated early, I do not know why. Some of these girls are just ugly and had nothing in themselves. The girl who won did not deserved to win. In the final, no girl I did not like. Too much in the program wanted to show what a hard life and how it is wrong to them. I do not like self-pity.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Honestly I did't watch the Top Model too much. I really did not like that girls who pretended to be someone they in fact were not. They had different behavioral strategies to win. Actually, for me girls rather came to heal their complexes and wanted to prove to themselves something . I did not like talking about private life and stripping in front of an audience. I thought it was the program about the best poses

    ReplyDelete