Wednesday 5 January 2011

Old new sense - part II

There are records from the past that even Julius Caesar used telepathy to connect with Gaelic traitor who was helping him to defeat his leader. Supposedly Caesar took that technique from druids (Celtic priests) and than he was trying to eliminate them because he was aware of danger that such a way of communication could generate. But it's hard to believe that:)



(images from
http://www.asterix.co.nz and http://www.mi.infm.it/~biolab/c-getafix.gif)

Anyway there were such high amount of similar cases that scientists in XX'th century have started engaging it heavily. Additional motivation are very high money prizes for the man who will manage to prove it scientifically. Nobody succeed so far.
First serious experiment was conducted in 1927 . There were 25 sets of 5 different cards containing basic symbols, one person was picking one card and was thinking about it very intensively - rest of the group were trying to guess what that card contained. First tests weren't optimistic - hundreds of participants didn't go better than they would try to do the same just by a chance. But after few tries scientists noticed one man tha
t had gone better than the others. After six months of training he was managing to guess even six cards for ten in a try - the chance to do that is like one to million (but not impossible:)). That little success was a fly-wheel to researches on telepathy.

(image from http://www.rhine.org)

There are a lot of tests on siblings - everybody has heard some stories about "invisible connection" between them. But not only siblings have such connection , there are similar communication between mother and child or even close friends. There was an experiment that was trying to measure such thing. Researchers picked from volunteers phone numbers of their friends and told them (the friends) to call particular volunteer by turns. He had to guess who had been trying to call him before he picked the phone. Results were shocking - over 45% of tries were successful!

(image from http://www.telepathyrevealed.com)

Questions to discuss:

Have you ever experienced that "invisible connection" with anybody?
What possibilities do you see if people could use telepathy consciously?




10 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if Julius Caesar really used telepathy but I believe in invisible strong connection between siblings, family or lovers. Nevertheless I'm not sure if it is telepathy. Don't you think that that kind of relationship or link is rather coused by feelings, emotions or just maternal instinct? It is hard to believe that so many people have some telephatic skills. For me it is rather personal sensitivity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing is that maybe people have some hidden sense which they cannot control consciously (maybe maternal instinct or woman instinct are signs of it). Of course it can occur because we know these people perfectly and we can predict particular behaviours. But researches show than not only people behave like that but also animals and plants. There was a test with rabbits (watch out it will be a little drastic) - researchers took the rabbit mother to a submarine boat (hundreds of meters under see level) and connected it to some devices that controlled its life functions, then on the land, other researchers were killing its children one after another in some specified periods of time- rabbit mother didn't go panic but devices were showing (with every killed rabbit child) some deviations so there has to be some invisible connection - I'll write more about it in next post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that you wrote about killed rabbits with premeditation. You know that it is my weak point. If you want to write something more about miserable rabbits, don't do it! I couldn’t concentrate on your post because of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't believe in "invisible connections". I think it is just the case that some people think in the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately I have to agree with Sebastian. Although sometimes you can feel connection, but in my opinion you cannot read a message.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe that some people can read what is in mind, but only they can do that to people who are close to them. It’s not a telepath, rather based of knowledge and reading emotions.

    Maybe I could believe in telepathy rather than Santa, but still no one prove it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Maybe I don't even know. Consciously I have never used invisible connection.
    2. I think it brings only a lot of problems. If people starts using some kind of telepathy it will be dangerous because we won't hide our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I neever experienced that "invisible connection" with anybody. But I heard that is so often between brothers, especially twins. In my opinion if people use telepathy consciously we not need phone mobiles! But seriously in my opinion it would be completely unnecessary. None of us would not use this, because what? Maybe I wrong..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I personally have not felt any invisible connection with anyone, I am a realistic person and I usually concentrate on facts and not on unexplained feelings. However, if telepathy really existed, it could be useful in many fields. For example, some time ago I watched a program about a man who used his special abilities to help the police when they could not cope with a given case with the means of regular investigation. The police did not believe him at the beginning, they treated him like some freak who made up a story. However, he knew a lot of facts which made him look more credible. It turned out that he was right about the solution. It would be good if telepathy existed and was helpful in such cases.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course, I experienced an invisible bond between me and my sister. Probably this is because I lived with her in one room for 18 years. but also sometimes happens that I do not have to inform her that something bad happens - she senses it and calls me wit question if everything is ok. shortly after my car accident she called me because she worried why I have not call her.

    ReplyDelete